What is fake news?
I'm not going to talk about AAPL earnings because everyone is talking about Apple earnings but I am going to make you a better investor by helping you to break the habit of making investment decisions based on BULLSHIT! How do you know what is bullshit and what is not? At PSW, we do our best to help our Members weed through the market noise and separate the real news from the fake news so we're pretty good at it at this point.
I often point out the fact that Apple tends to be attacked into earnings by funds who want to drive the stock down, so they float rumors about Apple that they know AAPL will not respond to and there's not much we can do about that (Jim Cramer explains how "every fund manager does it if they want to keep their job") - other than applying logical analysis to the story to see if it makes sense. Something you can do, however, is to stop reading the publications that publish this BS as if it's real news.
Sales of the IPhone X are a good example. As it turns out, the IPhone X is Apple's best-selling smartphone EVER (for this part of the cycle) yet think about how many articles you read saying, very authoritatively, that the IPhone X was a disaster and people weren't buying them and Apple was going to discontinue it and give up on their "experiment". It's been going on for months yet the completely irresponsible "news" sources that published that nonsense will go unpunished and keep misleading you in order to steer you into another round of bad investment decisions based on their fake, Fake, FAKE news.
- Apple is just as 'disappointed' with iPhone X sales as everyone else … (BGR.com)
- Apple is just as 'disappointed' with iPhone X sales as everyone else (Yahoo.com)
- Apple iPhone X Sales Tanked 73% In Q1 2018 As Buyers Prefer Old … (Dazeinfo.com)
- Apple Will Probably Report Bad iPhone X News Tuesday | Fortune
- Latest iPhone X Shock Reveals Apple's Growing Nightmare – Forbes
- Analysts ratchet down Apple iPhone X sales expectations ahead of … (Foxbusiness.com)