A profit of $9,360 on 4 trades.
That's our record to start off 2017 for our Members, who got our PSW Report ahead of the open with the following 4 Futures Trade Ideas:
- Short Russell (/TF) Futures at 1,375 – fell to 1,355 for a $1,000 per contract gain
- Long Silver (/SI) at $16 – ran up to $16.50 for a $2,500 per contract gain
- Short Oil (/CL) at $55 – fell to $52.50 for a $2,500 per contract gain
- Short Gasoline (/RB) at $1.70 – fell to $1.62 for a $3,360 per contract gain.
As you can see from the video above, I reiterated our oil short and our silver long live at the Nasdaq, at the market open, getting America off to a great investing start for 2017. In the morning post, we also had a shorting idea for the Financials, using SKF and that's a longer-term trade idea using options but has the potential to return 4,100% on your cash outlay.
We will try to find some more fun Futures trade ideas in today's Live Trading Webinar, which we'll make the first free one of 2017 this afternoon at 1pm (EST) so come join us if you are interested in learning more about Futures, Options or just finding out which stocks we like for 2017.
In last week's Webinar (replay here) we also discussed silver (our Trade of the Year is Silver Wheaton (/SLW)) as well as Coffee (/KC) using the (JO) ETF, which already jumped 4% this week and we were worried it was only up because we called it but it's been able to sustain the gain and we're looking forward to some bullish action in 2017 that takes us all the way back to $25. The June options are still relatively cheap on JO and the set-up we like is:
- Sell 5 SBUX 2019 $45 puts for $3.70 ($1,850)
- Buy 20 JO June $18 calls for $2.50 ($5,000)
- Sell 20 JO